Health zoneSomachi

Photo: Somachi

Question: I’m a nurse very much interested in relocating to USA or Canada to work, how do I get started?

Answers: The following include the response to the above question: 

  •  If you plan to do the process by yourself, I would advise you to start the application and verification process with the state board of your interest first, then sit for IELTS and get a visa to write the NCLEX-RN.

If you would like to work for an agency, which I feel is the best way, then you need to contact the agency first and ask questions. Then write IELTS and pass, and the agency will take over the process from you.

O’Grady Peyton International : this is an agency that is worth trying.

Visit their website for further details;

The things they do for nurses they recruit:

  • Recently started recruiting Nephrology/Dialysis Nurses.
  • Will help you complete all U.S. required forms
  • Obtain a permanent residency visa (Green card)
  • Arrange living accommodations in the USA as part of their meet and greet program
  • Prepare you for the cultural changes you will experience as you arrive in the USA
  • Give you Medical, Dental, Life Insurance
  •  Free airfare and accommodations for travel related to NCLEX-RN testing
  •  A comprehensive retirement plan
  •  Free flight to the USA to start a new Job
  •  Free Continuing Education courses

Contact them @ Telephone +1- 877-686-7230 (USA & Canada only)
+1-912-352-0684 ext. 2803 ( outside USA & Canada)
Email: info@o’
Address: 100 Bull st. Suite 302, Savannah, GA 31401. U. S. A.

More agencies would be listed in my subsequent post on Africa Today News Online coming soon.

Somachi MarkAnthony, BSN, is a registered nurse and certified nephrology nurse.

She currently lives in and writes from the USA.

For more questions and clarifications, she can be reached at

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *