Health zone with Somachi

Photo: Somachi

You will need to do your verification with the state board where you will like to practice.
First, call the board and enquire about their registration process.

Secondly, call CGFNS and ask them how much they will charge you for the state board you wish to apply
They usually charge about $350 for Credentials Evaluation Services (C. E. S.).

You’ll have to send the forms CGFNS will give you for your Nursing Council and school of Nursing. The Nursing Council and your school will charge you their fees for releasing your transcripts.

Also note that some States in USA have their own verification body and will not require CGFNS. So when you call the board and they say they don’t use CGFNS, then you have to register directly to the board.

After your verification is completed, you will be told to go and register for your NCLEX-RN exam with Pearson Vue. That costs $200.
Then Your state board will give Pearson Vue, your ATT. ( Authorization To Test).

Then Pearson Vue will in turn send you your ATT to your mail and you choose your center for the exam.

After you have Passed the NCLEX-RN exam, then that is where you really need the Agencies to recruit you for employment because they will help you get a Permanent Green Card , which on your own you cannot just get it.

So start your verification today. Contact CGFNS on +1-215-222-8454
If you have any questions about the board you are using and you need my help contacting them, I am available to guide you.

Somachi MarkAnthony, BSN, is a registered nurse and certified nephrology nurse.

She lives in, and writes from the USA.

For questions, and further clarifications, she can be reached at