Photo : Somachi
If you are a Registered Nurse in Africa hoping to live and work Abroad, the following tips certainly would be useful to you:
1. Go online, download and apply to register as a nurse to the state of your interest e.g. Manitoba Canada or California USA, board of Nursing.
2. Fill out their forms and send back to them, choose email as your means of correspondence.
3. Write English proficiency exam e.g. IELTS and score 6.5 and above.
4. Follow the verification process for the board to which you applied
5. Once you have been verified and approved. You will be given ATT ( Authorization To Test ) for the NCLEX-RN (National Council Licensure Examination-Registered Nurse) exam.
6. Use it to go to the American embassy for your visa to come over to USA to write your exam or you can choose centers that are outside the US. E.g. U.K, The Phillipines etc.
7. After you have passed, apply for employment recruitment to any agency of your choice e.g. O’Grady Peyton, West Ways, Shearwaters, Avant health etc.
Note that after you have passed the NCLEX-RN exam, you are hot cake for recruitment. The Agencies will be looking for you.
8. Make sure you indicate you are actively working in a hospital with over 100 beds, to qualify.
9. Then you will be brought to America or Abroad, on a platter of Gold, you and your family, as residents.
10. The Process takes about one year to complete. It requires patience, planning and determination to succeed.
Somachi MarkAnthony, BSN is a registered nurse/certified nephrology nurse. She lives, and writes from the United States of America.
For questions, and further clarifications, she can be reached at: email@example.com