Lagos Govt Shuts Down Quilox Club Over Noise Pollution

The Government of Lagos State has shut Quilox Restaurant Bar Night Club located in Victoria Island over noise pollution and other environmental infractions, Africa Today News, New York reports. 

Officials of the Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency (LASEPA) stormed the club on Friday and immediately sealed it.

Mr. Tokunbo Wahab who is the Commissioner for the Environment and Water Resources, to to his his X handle and wrote: ‘Quilox Club was earlier today sealed over noise pollution and other environmental infractions.’

Also, LASEPA, on its X handle said a major part of its advocacy efforts towards a conducive Lagos for all is to ensure compliance with the laid down regulations for noise control.

‘Following continuous petitions and thorough assessment, LASEPA officials sealed off Quilox Night Life, situated in Victoria Island, due to significant environmental infractions.

Read Also: Traders Groan As Fire Destroys 300 Shops In Lagos Market

‘The decision to close the establishment stems from multiple concerns, including severe traffic congestion in the vicinity and a flagrant disregard for the agency’s directives,’ it said.

LASEPA added that Quilox Restaurant Bar Night Club had been found in non-compliance with essential environmental regulations set by the agency.

We take our charge of preserving the environment very seriously and will continue to take decisive steps to rid Lagos of pollution,’ it added.

In another report, no fewer than 300 shops have been destroyed following a fire accident that occurred in the Ladipo plank market, Orile-Iganmu area of Lagos State.

Mr. Amodu Shakiru who is the spokesperson for the Lagos State Fire Service confirmed this in an interview with newsmen Thursday.

Reporters who visited the scene of the fire accident gathered that the shops which were arranged in lines of 75 shops each, had five lines with four of the lines destroyed by the fire.

The magnitude of the damage inflicted by the fire, which broke out at midnight on Wednesday and was put out by men from the Lagos Fire Service and officials from the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, was being bemoaned by a number of the business owners.

Africa Today News, New York

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *