Key Account Planning is the process by which you: learn about your customers’ objectives; decide the actions that help achieve them; uncover potential risks to retention; opportunities to drive additional revenue. Strategic planning is the key to a successful solution.
STRATEGIC ACCOUNT PLANNING / MANAGEMENT
(1) Strategic Account Planning is a process of building value-driven relationships with your
key customers that can help in long-term development and retention, thereby
maximizing the revenue potential.
Read Also: The Omnipotence Of Loan Sharks In Nigeria
(2) Strategic Account Management (also known as key account management) is a process at the
organisational level that goes beyond sales to encompass building strategic, mutually
beneficial relationships between the company and its key customers.
COMPONENTS OF STRATEGIC PLANNING
• Core competencies
• Market opportunities.
• Effective execution.
HOW DO YOU WRITE A STRATEGIC ACCOUNT PLAN
1. Create a profile.
2. Develop trust.
3. Identify targets.
4. Find the opportunity.
5. Determine the Value.
6. Create objectives.
7. Take action.
HOW DO YOU CREATE AN ACCOUNTING PLAN
1. Identify your existing accounts.
2. Calculate the potential revenue and success rate.
3. Determine the points of contact and decision makers.
4. Understand their needs and motivations.
5. Compare what they want against your available product
and service offerings.
WHAT IS BUSINESS STRATEGY
A business strategy is an outline of the actions and decision a organisation plans to take to reach its business goals and objectives. The
strategy defines what the business needs to do to reach its goals which can help guide the decision-making process for hiring and resource allocation.
HOW DO YOU DEVELOP A SALES STRATEGY?
Steps to Build a Successful Sales Strategy
1. Assess where you’ve been and where you are
2. Create a clear ideal customer Profile.
3. Time for a SWOT analysis.
4. Set a clear market strategy.
5. Create clear revenue goals.
6. Develop and communicate clear positioning.
7. Clear action plan.
I hope this has been able to guide you, as you to write that strategic key account plan.
Listen to the podcast on this topic here
© Christy Chris